Sustainable, Alternative Building Technology using Hydraform Blocks in Sierra Leone
TpESTATE Developers is a leading civil engineering, real estate owner, real estate developer, and real estate property management company based in Freetown, Sierra Leone.
We specialize in designing and building residential and commercial real estate properties using Hydraform’s Interlocking Stabilized Soil Blocks (ISSBs) also known as Interlocking Compressed Earth Blocks (ICEBs) that are made from compressed mixed soil, water, Portland cement, and other additives using Hydraform’s Patented ISSB machine. Typically, around 3,000 psi (21 MPa) is applied in compression, and the original soil volume is reduced by about half.
- Interlocking means that the blocks are dry-stacked and you will reduce the need for cement in a structure. No mortar in joints.
- Stabilizing increases strength thus means provides you with load-bearing blocks. No iron rod based column joints
- Stabilizing increases durability
- Durability means little long term maintenance
- Recommended minimum strength for all blocks is 7 MPa or 1000 psi. Higher than typical solid concrete blocks
- Short and long term savings